I've had pimples since i was thirteen. Tried everything there possibly is. I randomly recall my fourteen year old self sitting meekly infront of the dermatologist as she suggested a 'very strong' drug that will 'make all the pimples come out, and then u will have clear skin'. I had a picture in my head of me with 'all the pimples out' and my face looking like a pizza. I shook my head vehemently at her.. My reputation in school could be ruined forever. no thank you. I'd rather live with these few pimples that i get every now and then.
Over the years i had various dermatologists suggest this 'miracle' drug. I insisted on not taking it. The only time i actually went to a dermatologist and asked for it, he refused saying i don't need it!!
Well now, finally after more than ten years of indecision and fear of side effects, i have boldly ventured into the unknown, and have started my roaccutane treatment :) Six months of dry skin, chapped lips, dry eyes, hair loss and a myriad of other possible side effects have finally begun. I only hope that the end result will be worth all these ,seemingly, petty symptoms (as compared to years of unclear skin and hiding my face in shame) :D
Today is my second day. I am taking 30 mg a day. After my afternoon nap today i felt my skin was rather tight, and my mouth somewhat dry. Im unsure if the drug can work so soon, or if im just being a hypochondriac :) In any case, i have to get more supply of lip gloss, one for the car, one in my bag, one at home etc. I also have to look for a strong moisturiser, or maybe ill just stick to good old almond oil every night.
Everytime i take the medication i say a little prayer, that God may grant me the good effects and prevent the side effects of this drug :)
Im writing this blog to keep a diary of any improvements and side effects experienced, in order to help those indecisive souls out there make a decision :)
Good luck to me and everyone else starting it !!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment